Terms and Conditions
- Our mission is to better facilitate the matching of talents with recruiters for the purpose of employment. We serve as a link between talents (young professionals), organizations and recruiters.
- The information gathered from a talent profile and the talents general use of the platform (which includes, but is not limited to, assessments taken, serious games played etc.), will be used to match the talent with a company, recruiter or vacancy.
- Each talent’s personal profile information is private. No recruiter, association/event administrator or third party is able to find or see the individual profile details of the talents on The Shortlist. Information of a talent is only shared when:
- A talent chooses to join a recruiter network.
- A talent expresses interest in a vacancy.
- A talent joins an association, either through signing up through the association’s personalized landing page or by joining the association through their own accord – clicking “join” on the association’s page.
- A talent joins an event, either through signing up through the association’s personalized landing page or by joining the association through their own accord – clicking “join” on the association’s page.
- When creating a recruiter account, you automatically agree to have your profile information visible to the Talent base found on The Shortlist. This means that your recruiter profile (which includes, but is not limited to, information regarding the vacancies posted, the company/companies you recruit for, the field/industry you operate in etc.) can be seen by the talents on The Shortlist, to be used by a talent, as a basis to decide whether or not to join your recruiter network.
Article 1: Members Obligations
Basic Description: Every member of The Shortlist has certain obligations that they have to abide by. These obligations should be read and met with before clicking agree. When agreeing to the terms and conditions:
General (all users of The Shortlist):
- You abide by the laws of the country you reside in.
- You are eligible to enter into this contract and you comply with Dutch law (i.e. you are above the age of 17 years)
- You agree that any information provided, as part of your profile or for any other purpose on the platform itself, is truthful and not misleading in any way.
- Any information provided, tests, assessments, games, questionnaires or any other platform related activity, is completed by you and only you, under your Shortlist profile.
- You agree to The Shortlist sending you notifications through the medium of email, the platform or mobile applications regarding information we find important to you, as a member of The Shortlist database. This includes marketing activities or promoting events, companies or any other matter we deem suitable.
- You agree to provide up-to-date contact details to ensure that The Shortlist can notify you of important messages, appointments or other events occurring that will aid in your search for a job or the improvement of your skills and competencies.
- You agree to keep your interaction, with other members of The Shortlist, professional and respectful. Any inappropriate behavior and/or interaction between you and the other members of The Shortlist, through The Shortlist platform, will not be tolerated whatsoever. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual harassment and the use of offensive language.
- As a talent, you agree to being contacted by recruiters, through the platform, whose network you have joined - either through your own initiative or by being part of an association, event and/or other group found on The Shortlist.
- By signing up through an association’s landing page or joining an association through the platform, you agree to allow the administrators of said association, to act on your behalf and in the best interests of the association, in choosing to share your profile information with recruiters who have an agreed partnership deal with the association, through and limited to, The Shortlist platform.
- By signing up through an events landing page or joining an event through the platform, you agree to sharing your profile information with all the relevant recruiters attending the event in question. The sharing of the information is limited to the recruiters who have an account on The Shortlist and the other recruiters you have joined through your own accord.
- You are granting The Shortlist a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, and distribute any content you create, including your job posting. Additionally, by creating an account on The Shortlist, grants The Shortlist a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, and communicate the name and trademark of your organization as a poster of job opportunities on the-shortlist.com.
- Talents’ Shortlist information (including, but not limited to, a talents digital CV, assessment results and serious game results) is confidential to the recruiters whose network they have chosen to join. It is strictly prohibited to provide identifiable candidate information or associated data to any other parties or to contact the candidate for purposes other hiring transactions unless otherwise indicated by the candidate in question.
- You agree to use the platform for recruitment purposes. It is not permitted to use The Shortlist for reasons that are not in line with the purpose of the platform.
- You allow The Shortlist the flexibility to remove positions that are not opportunities fitted for The Shortlist talents.
- By closing a partnership deal with an association or other group, through and limited to The Shortlist platform, you are obligated to fulfil the terms of the partnership contract for the duration of a year.
- As an association administrator (which is a talent that has been granted access to the administration page of a particular association - usually a board member), you agree to act in the best interests of the members of the association in question.
- You agree to ensure the profile information of the members is treated with the strictest confidentiality and is only shared with recruiters whom have partnered with the association in question.
- You agree to only assigning “manager” or “ownership” roles to other confirmed members of the association.
- You agree to ensure a validated talent group. This means that any member requests, seen on the associations’ admin page, are only confirmed and added to the talent group, to be shared with particular partners through The Shortlist platform, when the talent is a known member of the association in question.
- By closing a partnership deal with an a recruiter (only association administrators have the right to do so), through and limited to The Shortlist platform, the association you represent is obligated to fulfil the terms of the partnership contract for the duration of a year - If there is a sufficient reason to end a partnership deal, you are obligated to inform The Shortlist who will handle the contract termination.
- As an event organizer (an individual or group of individuals who are in charge of organizing a recruitment event, using The Shortlist software) you agree to act in the best interests of the talents who have “joined” the event.
- You agree to ensure the profile information of the events attendants is treated with the strictest confidentiality and is only shared with recruiters whom are attending the event in question.
Article 2: Limitations of the members
Basic description: As members of The Shortlist database, you have specific limitations with regards to the use of the actual platform. These limitations are set out below:
- You will keep your password a secret and you shall not share an account with anyone else.
- You will not copy or transfer any part of the Services offered on The Shortlist platform.
- Ensure that any feedback provided to The Shortlist does not contain confidential or infringing information.
- You agree to only provide information and content that you have the right to provide.
- At any time, The Shortlist may change or discontinue its services, and in such an event, we may take all information regarding your profile and stored information off the platform where it will no longer be visible to any other member of The Shortlist.
- We may choose to not show the content or information you provide to us, provided there is an element of suspicion.
- You will only access and use The Shortlist in the manner that this agreement states you can.
- It is prohibited to harass, stalk, or contact any applicant after they have asked not to be contacted. It is prohibited to “spam” or otherwise contact applicants for purposes other than related to the specific employment opportunity described in the posting.
Article 3: Disclaimer for The Shortlist and its limit of liability
- To the extent allowed under law, The Shortlist and the partners that The Shortlist work with to provide its services, do not guarantee that the services, offered on the platform, will go without interruption and thus we operate on a “As is” or a “As Available” basis.
- We disclaim any legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of The Shortlist.
- Your access and participation in the platform is at your own risk. The Shortlist B.V. is not responsible for any interaction and/or consequences of those interactions between the parties who have been granted access to the platform.
- The Shortlist acts as a facilitator and thus is not responsible or liable for the any of the partnership deals, between recruiters and associations found on The Shortlist, where the terms of a partnership deal is broken by either party. In the case that the terms of a partnership deal has been broken, the parties in question are required to contact The Shortlist.
- The Shortlist is only obligated to pay an association the agreed share of the revenue earned from a partnership deal, if The Shortlist has a confirmed payment from the Recruiter/Company in question. The Shortlist does not guarantee payment for the partnership deals that occur through the platform. If a partner has not paid what he/she is obligated to pay, regarding a partnership deal with an association, The Shortlist will take legal steps to ensuring the payment and limit the recruiters’ access to the platform.
Article 4: Terminating membership
Basic Description: We can decide to end your membership and this agreement at any time that we want. Specific parts of this agreement, however, will still be standing:
- To disclose and use the feedback provided by the terminated member.
- Other members’ rights to view, use and re-share the information and content linked to the terminated member.
- The owed amount priory to the termination, shall still be owed to the relevant party after termination.
Article 5: Shortlist offering
Basic description: The Shortlist platform offers content through third parties whereby talents can either assess themselves, train competencies and other content related to either their development or career opportunities. Due to our partner relations and offering, talents need to agree to the following:
- Based on the best available research in the field, the assessments are designed to assist the user in understanding and assessing his/her current performance. The author makes no implied guarantee of its accuracy, or the limits of its applicability.
- We reserve the right to change on-platform prices for additional services at any time.
- We are allowed to promote the additional services, whatever they may be, through the platform as well as through the other contact information provided by the talent. This includes email.
- We can notify you of the competitions or other promotions we have.
- To the extent permitted by law, there are no refunds possible for services purchased by talents for additional services or other products promoted by The Shortlist, which have been bought/paid for by the talents or recruiters, unless specified elsewhere.
- The Trademarks and logos associated with The Shortlist platform are exclusively owned by The Shortlist B.V. and thus cannot be used by talents as their own or in any capacity where the reputation of the company can be effected. Any infringement of this will be disputed in the appropriate legal setting where you will be liable for damages.
- We are the owner of all the intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it.
- The Shortlist will, in no circumstances, be used as a method or source for sales purposes. Using the platform in this way will result in fine. The extent of which will be determined by the severity of the transgression. Any use of The Shortlist which is not in line with the purpose of the website will be subject to a fine and your account, if misuse is proven, can be deleted by The Shortlist administrators with no refund, where the obligation of your payment, for the remainder of the current account, must still be paid for.
Article 6: Dispute Resolution
Basic Description: In the unlikely event, legal proceedings are taken, the following apply:
- The agreement will be governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes will be settled by the appropriate judge in the district where the Contractor is established.
Article 7: General Terms
Basic Description: The general terms refer to the enforceability of the agreement itself.
- We may change the terms and conditions at a certain point if the need arises. If this is the case, we will notify you at least 15 days in advance. Once notified through the platform, continued use of the platform will mean that you agree to the terms and conditions set in the updated agreement and will therefore be bound to that agreement as you are to this one (once you have agreed).
- If any court decides that any part of the terms and conditions, as stated in this agreement, is not enforceable, it is agreed by both the platform provider and the member in dispute, that the court is responsible for changing that part of the terms to make it enforceable while retaining the intent of the clause in question. If this is not possible, both parties (platform provider and member) agree that the court remove it while still enforcing the rest of the agreement.
- You cannot assign your rights under this Agreement, but we can.
It is agreed. At the moment a company, recruiter, talent, association administrator agrees to the terms and conditions on The Shortlist website, the Parties agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.The Shortlist B.V.